Welcome!

Welcome to our blog! We are a ren faire going, D&D playing, fun loving couple with a baby! Yes, we are nerds and proud of it. This blog is about our parenting journey, the awesome stuff we do, and the tales of our little awesome baby bean. Look around, enjoy, and have a great time!
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search

Monday, August 22, 2011

Crafting Craze: Rosettes

One of the things I love to do is to sew/craft.  I'm one of those people where if I see something in the store my mind automatically goes, "I can make that".  And 9 times out of 10 I usually end up making it.  Now in rare cases do I see something at such a good price I just have to buy it.  Or sometimes, I don't have the fabrics/materials on hand to make the item that I love, so I end up buying it.

Anywho, one of the things that I have fallen in love with this summer is fabric rosettes.  I LOVE them.  I'm not even a big flower person to be honest.  A few months into the pregnancy, I got bored and made a dress using an old shirt (that didn't fit over my belly anymore) and some fabric.  The belt I made for it, had some rosettes on it, and since then I have been hooked on making fabric flowers!


Now, don't ask me where this dress is because honestly I have no idea.  I made it when I was bored and I was only 25 weeks.  It since then disappeared into the abyss known as our walk in closet.

There are a bunch of tutorials out there, but here are some for you to check out. I used the tutorial from the first one listed.

http://littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com/2010/09/fabric-rosette-tutorial-extravaganza.html
http://www.freckledlaundry.com/2010/07/fabric-rosette-tutorial.html
http://www.tipjunkie.com/fabric-flower-tutorials/
http://mommagetsreal-nicky.blogspot.com/2011/04/fabric-rosette-tutorial.html

Since I am typically a night owl, and can't really get comfortable enough to sleep in a hospital, I know that once I do go into labor I am going to need something to do to keep my mind off of the crazy womb pain and then to calm me while the baby sleeps and I still can't get sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...